Monday, February 13

Week Five: Alternate Views

I think I'm going to be stuck with a lack of programming time for the forseeable future. Interview season has started in earnest and I am just going to have to deal with it.

This hasn't put the brakes on the reading, though. I'm making good progress through the red book, reading all about viewing and colour. Also made some way through the lighting chapter. Still waiting to read about blending, you know...

Buss has now moved onto averaging and interpolation. I started reading the advanced lighting section on the Cook-Torrance model and, although I could have sat down and thrashed it out, I decided it wasn't going to be useful to me Right Now. I may come back later if I decide to play with alternate lighting models.

I'm not sure how one actually uses alternate lighting models at this point, considering that the Phong model is what is built into OpenGL. My current guess is that you have to build it yourself from scratch or perhaps it can be implemented using shading language.

Ah, so much left to discover.

0 glComments:

Post a Comment

<< Home