Sunday, January 8

Starting Points

So I'm a software developer a little bored with his lot. And what have I decided to do? I've decided to try my hand at 3D graphics programming, in particular OpenGL, with the hope that I might jump from my current technology niche into 3D. This is not about making games. This is not about money. This is not a New Year Resolution. This is not because the evil monkey in my closet told me to do so.

With the word "not" daubed all over the previous paragraph, you've probably already got me pegged as a cynical chap. I'm British, so you'd be right with that one.

I thought I'd write it up in a blog, to keep tabs on myself, because if you're born to procrastinate like me, you better start keepin' an eye on yourself. So, in reality, this blog is a mirror. I'll be reading this in a few months, thinking, "Jesus, man, you're getting fat." I will update this blog once a week.

When I rush through stuff, I find I forget approximately everything, so I have drawn up a cautious schedule that sees me through the NeHe tutorials and OpenGL red book by June. After that, well, I guess I'll come up with something else, huh?

0 glComments:

Post a Comment

<< Home